Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
Position Overview: Responsible for the care and needs of patients in a psychiatric unit. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners may do the same things a psychiatrist does, including diagnosing mental illness and prescribing medication. May also act as a therapist, helping patients with depression, anxiety and suicidal individuals, and other conditions that can be remedied with counseling.
* Assess, examine, diagnose and treat patients with mental illness by conducting a comprehensive family assessment.
* Collects data from multiple sources using assessment techniques that are appropriate to the patient’s language, culture, and development state, including screening evaluations, psychiatric rating scales, genograms and other standardized instruments.
* Assesses the impact of acute and/or chronic illness, psychiatric disorders, and stressors on the family system.
* Involves patients, significant others, and interdisciplinary team members in data collection and analysis.
* Teach patients’ families about the patient’s condition, and how to react in certain scenarios.
* Develops a plan of care.
* May prescribe medication.
* Certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
* Master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree from a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly NLNAC | National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission).
* 2+ years’ experience as an RN; 3 years’ experience as a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
* Valid RN license in the state in which the individual will practice.
* Ethics: Ethics is reflected in integrity, which includes elements of honesty, responsibility, credibility, and the ability to use ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.
* Health Promotion, Health Protection, Disease Prevention, and Treatment: Provides direct mental health care services. Synthesizes theoretical, scientific, and clinical knowledge for the assessment and management of mental health and illness states.
* Nurse Practitioner/Patient Relationship: Demonstrates the personal, collegial, and collaborative approach that enhances the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner’s effectiveness of patient care.
* Cultural Competence: Provides culturally-competent care, delivering patient are with respect to cultural and spiritual beliefs, and making health care resources available to patients from diverse cultures.
Recovery Centers of America at St. Charles
Silver Glen Road OPCO LLC, St. Charles, Illinois 60175