Website Recoverycoa Operations
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00371 – Sous Chef
Position Overview: responsible for food production in your kitchen(s). The Sous Chef plays an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service. The Sous Chef must have the ability to fill in for the cook during time off, PDO and vacations. This successful culinary leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Reviewing, adjusting, and completing inventory. Ensuring accuracy and completion of the inventory and ensuring adequate supplies and products are on hand.
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, service, and storage sanitation principles.
- Direct food preparation in accordance with established standard of quantity, quality control, taste and presentation.
- Following HACCP standards and ensuring HACCP logs are accurately filed, enforcing proper sanitation practices.
- Support the culinary department in ensuring compliance with health requirements, Health Department regulations, and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to the operation.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Assist with identifying and rectifying hazardous situations and eliminating risk to the company; taking safety precautions as necessary.
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary certificate or relevant work experience
- 2 years related experience and/or training in food production.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- People interaction skills.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with others.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Technical Proficiency: Applies the technical knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the expected outputs.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time actively working with kitchen staff and members of the RCA team.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand in one place for hours at a time, requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Recovery Centers of America at St. Charles
Silver Glen Road OPCO LLC, St. Charles, Illinois 60175