N00026 – Clinical Coordinator N Job
Full-time Employment in St. Charles, Illinois 60175
Position Overview: The Clinical Coordinator provides support and supervision of the quality of patient care as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. He/She also is responsible for the safe and effective operation of clinical services days, evenings and/or weekends. Assists with staffing and scheduling. Direct oversight of all clinical staff working within the units during their assigned shifts.
* Oversight, supervision and quality assurance of all mental health and AOD clinical services, including record keeping and direct services.
* Collaborates with the Program Director to facilitate team case conferences on a weekly basis to ensure coordinate implementation of treatment plans and service utilization.
* Uses clinical assessment tools accurately, assessing each patient’s psychological, psychosocial, safety and educational needs.
* Appropriately documents all client interaction into the record for continuity of care.
* Facilitates crisis de-escalation sessions with clients as needed.
* Provides supervision and mentoring to the clinical staff on the shift
* Participates in programming by providing individual and group counseling.
* Communicates with inter-disciplinary departments, including and nursing, regarding new admissions as well as sharing clinical observations on unit to ensure collaborative treatment approach.
* Performs employee counseling and communicates incidents to the Clinical Supervisor.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
* Master’s degree with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services) or other related field.
* Two years’ supervisory clinical experience in a health/human service agency
* Certified addiction counselor + three years supervisory clinical experience
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
* Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
* Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.