N00013 – Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Job
PRN Employment in St. Charles, Illinois 60175
"I love my job because I feel like I have a voice. The leadership team is always willing to give a helping hand or an ear to listen to my concerns." — Jessica D., RCA LPN
"The atmosphere in RCA is different, it’s like family. People care, people smile, people love what they do and I think that makes all the difference when you walk into work every day. I have the opportunity to help people become whole again. I work with talented nursing, clinical and administrative staff who work around the clock to help the clients achieve that same goal," -Ashley B., RCA LPN
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques which will make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
* Assess the physiological and behavioral health status of the patient.
* Completes initial assessment and develops the plan of care.
* Recognizes reports and acts upon reports of deviation in diagnostic studies.
* Accurately assesses and documents vital signs and signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain
* Communicates and documents client’s psychosocial status.
* Collaborates with treatment team to include ancillary departments in order to determine appropriate treatment/discharge plan.
* Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
* Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
* Completes necessary documentation as required by organization Policies and Procedures.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
* Follows established policies and procedures for verification of narcotic counts
* Administers medications according to organization policy.
* Verifies the MAR for correct medication and administration times.
* Monitors behavioral changes which may be related to medication administration.
* Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by responding to requests for service or making appropriate referrals in a timely manner.
* State Registered Practical Nursing license required.
* One year of experience in a behavioral hospital is desirable, but incumbent may be a recent graduate; phlebotomy skills preferred.
* Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM Criteria.
* Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
* Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Impact and influence: works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.